- 18-Aug-2014 to 01-Sep-2014 (PST)
- Public Works
- San Jacinto, CA, USA
- Full Time
Overall duties include perform semi skilled and skilled maintenance work. Operate a variety of equipment in the construction maintenance, repair and replacement city streets, sidewalks and rights of way. Operate and maintain heavy, motorized equipment used in earth moving and construction operations in a safe and efficient manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONISBILITIES
Although other duties may be assigned, the essential duties include the following:
- Assist in maintaining Community Park, Tribal Complex Buildings, Church Grounds, Sports Complex, Ball Field and surrounding grounds.
- Assist in repairing and painting Tribal facilities throughout the reservation.
- Operate heavy, motorized equipment used in earth moving and construction operations, including, but not limited to, tankers, dozer scrapers, loaders, excavator, etc. and other equipment to support a variety of operations at Public Works Facilities and job sites.
- Complete all duties as assigned on a weekly schedule.
- Provide customer service.
- Deal with difficult situations with maturity and maintain professional demeanor at all times.
- Provide public awareness of street construction and maintenance projects
- Operate equipment for finish grade
- Assist identification of streets for crack fill
- Maintain records of crack fill material used on each street
- Perform asphalt patch procedures including excavation and repair
- Operate street sweeper; maintain street and intersections
- Operate road grader; prepare shoulders/alleys for maintenance
- Remove old material with loader and dump truck
- Operate dump truck in placement of new gravel
- Make repair recommendations
- Maintain and repair damaged banks, rip rap and catch racks as needed
- Inspect and repair structure for cracks
- Prepare subgrades
- Replace weathered or damaged signs
- Trim trees where limbs and bushes are blocking roadways, pathways and sidewalks.
- Maintain equipment and facility
- May build level and excavate land surfaces using graders and other construction equipment.
- Gather and load dirt and waste products from job sites onto trucks. Transport to appropriate location.
- Operate water tanker and similar equipment for dust control and dirt compaction.
- Maintain accurate logs and records and enter data in computer.
- Ensure adherence to safe work practices and procedures.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment as required including fluid and filter changes and parts lubrication.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- High School Diploma or GED and 2–4 years related experience or the combination of experience and training.
- 2–4 years related experience with heavy equipment
- Ability to operate motorized vehicles and equipment, including loader, back hoe, dump truck, pickup truck, utility truck, street sweeper, jetter/inductor truck, street roller, mannlift, tamper, plate compactor, saws, pumps compressor, sanders, generators, common hand and power tools, shovels, wrenches, detection devices, mobile radio, phone, ditch witch, laser transit and chain saw.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. routinely
- Hold construction type equipment (i.e. hammer, Drills, screwdrivers, saws, etc.)
- Ability to take delegation of work assignments.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Provide superior customer service skills.
- Operational characteristics of a variety of heavy, power-driven equipment
- Maintenance requirements of heavy, power-driven equipment
- Methods and materials used in general construction and maintenance work
- Principles and techniques of field maintenance activities
- Traffic laws, ordinances, and rules involved in heavy equipment operation
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices
- Operate heavy power-driven equipment
- Perform a variety of skilled construction and maintenance tasks
- Read and interpret maps, sketches, drawings, specifications and technical manuals
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods in unfavorable weather conditions
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Travel from site to site; construction site environment; exposure to dust, noise, toxic materials; waste and infectious materials; work in inclement weather conditions
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities such as; heavy lifting and climbing; operating motorized equipment and vehicles; work in confined spaces; work at heights; work around heavy construction equipment
- Maintain effective audio/visual discrimination and perception to the degree necessary for the successful performance of assigned duties
- current California Drivers License
- All applicants are required to complete the pre-screen Background Clearance and Drug Testing.
- Native American preferable and an Equal Opportunity Employer
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!